There are many changes to the body and mind after childbirth. However, some of these changes are obvious and typically undesirable, including:
1. Abdominal muscles becoming weak and loose;
2. Diastasis rectus;
3. Formation of “mummy tummy”;
4. Water retention in limbs and abdominal area;
5. Frequent tension to the shoulder, back and forearm muscles;
6. Stretch marks appearing around the abdominal area and thighs; and
7. Constant lack of sleep, motivation and energy.
Due to various reasons, postpartum women in Hong Kong generally have a hard time finding time to schedule a restoring program to get back in shape. We therefore feel postnatal massage and traditional binding is the ideal and recommended method for both self-pampering and to help speed up the recovery process after childbirth.
The content of this website is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended as, nor should it be considered a substitute for, professional medical advice. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, please contact your doctor.